1/7 Photos of Baked Corn and Rice Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
I hope that you will enjoy this festive rice, it is a great alternative to potatoes and plain rice. This tasty dish is very filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice, long grain, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 red pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, small, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 28 ounces corn, canned, nibblets
- 1/4 lb aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, fresh
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook the rice in boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes, drain and set aside until needed.
- 3Saute the onions in butter until soft then add the sweet peppers, mushrooms and drained corn, jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper, cooking on low for 5 minutes.
- 4Mix the cooked rice, vegetables, grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses and sour cream together, blend well.
- 5Pour into a greased 8 x 14 casserole dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese bake for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Corn and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 560.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g