Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't made this yet myself. It came from a friend.
Make and share this Baked Chicken Chimichanga recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and taco seasoning.
- Fold in chicken.
- Divide amoung tortillas.
- Tuck in sides and roll up each tortilla.
- Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn Chimi's over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream and salsa.
Like all great recipes simple with few ingredients but really tasty!
Makes your friends think you are the best chef in the world - and it's so easy! I had a similar recipe with re-fried beans, green chilies and red enchilada sauce on top, served with rice and beans. It's easy to shred the chicken if you boil it - but I see some people used chicken from a can which is something I'll look forward to trying. Also the cream cheese seems like it would be weird but it absolutely makes it (Coming from someone who is not a sour cream fan and was very skeptical). Overall WONDERFUL recipe and is one of my absolute favorite meals!
So good and easy! I used two large cans of chicken, so that made it even easier! I used smaller tortillas, so it makes 12! Ive made it about half a dozen times now and we all love it -- we topped with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and shredded lettuce. Thank you for the recipe!