Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was craving salmon, but something refreshing, but we didn't have any of the ingredients for some of the recipes I'd found... DH and I made this up and it came out really great. I got the idea for the fresh red onion sprinkled over the fish for baked from "rockin salmon" by NCMYSTERYSHOPPER. The sauce is really good using fat free, if you want WW friendly, but be my guest if you want to use the full fat versions. Cooking time for the salmon will vary depending on the size of your fillets. (This is great for the BBQ too, it just happened to be raining last night!) This is great over spinach!
- 16 ounces salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, powdered
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- sea salt (don't be shy)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag, and make sure they are well mixed. Add the salmon and marinate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile combine all of the sauce ingredients and place in the fridge to get chilled.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the red onion, white wine and black pepper in a glass baking dish. Add the salmon and any marinade that sticks to it.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes or until the salmon is just pink in the middle. It will depend on how fat your fillets are.
- Serve with the juices from the cooking pan, and top with some of the cold sauce.