Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you like fish stews you love this. Very quick and easy.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb jumbo bay shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion, pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic and tomato paste.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then add shrimp and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Serve over rice.
We enjoyed this although we did feel it was a bit on the bland side. I had to spice it up with a touch of red pepper flakes. I would suggest adding more cilantro and some salt. Served it over white rice. Very easy and quick to prepare. Thanks for posting.
Goodness me - how delicious and easy! I was home alone and wanted something easy and tasty for dinner; this fit the bill perfectly! I made a couple of amendments - I used dried cilantro instead of fresh (all I had in), used a little extra coconut milk (personal preference) and, by mistake, double the lemon juice. It was a bit too lemony, I must admit! I would relate this a little to a thai red curry, only without the kick. A definite keeper - thanks Marlitt!