Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This blend is used in Middle Eastern cooking. This spice mix will keep for up to 6 months.
Make and share this Baharat Spice Blend recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- Combine all the ingredients together till well mixed.
- Store in an airtight jar and keep away from direct sunlight.
I cut this down to 1/4 cup yield and will be looking for recipes and using it often! I followed UmmBinat's review and roasted the spices which greaty enhances the flavor. Thanks for posting! All my favorites are here! cg ;)
These are the same spices I use in mine. But I dry roast them whole in a pan and then grind them for a better flavour.
I add to the blend which I keep in an air tight container 3 whole bay leafs as well. Note: If you keep it in the fridge it will last 1 year. I use it quite a lot. I love this spice. Scoopy:)