Recipe by papergoddess
"A Tropical taste for your pork chops" or chicken. I found this on AllRecipes by Christine Johnson, and it is excellent!!!
Top Review by tgobbi
A few suggestions may be in order for this recipe. First, the chops should be sprinkled with a good sized pinch of salt before cooking. Maybe a few twists from the pepper mill might be a good idea as well. [Editor's note: The recipe was updated on 8/20/2002 as a result of this comment.] I recomend using pineapple chunks in their own juice rather than the sweetened ones. Finally, cut back slightly on the amount of cornstarch so the gravy doesn't come out quite so thick.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (or crushed will work, too)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 pork chops or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, blend reserved pineapple juice with cornstarch.
- Stir in pineapple, chili sauce, raisins, sugar and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In large skillet, lightly brown chops or chicken in oil and drain.
- Pour pineapple mixture over chops or chicken.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until meat is cooked throughout.