Recipe by bmcnichol
A wonderful brussel sprout recipe.
Top Review by philharris317
Great recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Bacon. My wife who is not a fan of Brussels Sprouts tried this after I made it. Not only did she have an initial serving, but had a second! This speaks volumes on how we liked it.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 slices bacon, strips cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.