Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful brussel sprout recipe.
Make and share this Bacon-Mushroom Brussels Sprouts recipe from Food.com.
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels and drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and bacon.
I loved the bacon with the sprouts but the mushrooms were too moist for my taste. So next time I'll cook the mushrooms under brown and then add the chicken stock. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Really enjoyed the flavors together. I thought this was wonderful and have never cooked fresh brussel sprouts. I picked smaller sprouts and the cooking time for tender crisp. Thank you for posting and will make again.
This is a great recipe...my husband and I both loved it. We have tried other recipes with brussels sprouts and this one is by far the best one we have had!!