Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delish. Your thighs might not thank you, but your taste buds will for this savory and jazzed up French Bread that goes great with soup and salads. I got this from The English Kitchen web site, who says all English cuisine is boring? :) Also, I think it might need less bacon than called for, 20 pieces seems like a lot. Might try adding a tiny bit of minced garlic too.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch thick slices, leaving them attached at the bottom.
- In a bowl combine the butter, onions and mustard. Spread this mixture on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Cut each cheese slice diagonally into triangles. Place one between each slice as well.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise. You will then have 20 slices.
- Place the loaf on the foil lined baking sheet. Drape the bacon over top of the loaf, making sure there is a slice on each piece of bread.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Break the slices apart to serve.