Recipe by REEVES73
These are very popular at my house. I had my niece over who loves mushrooms and just couldn't get over how good they were. In fact, she ate most of them.
Top Review by 2 many kids
I personally did not care for these, (I am a Mayonaise fan) but everyone else said they were great. They were very easy to make and made A very nice appetizer, Thanks for the recipe
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (may use mayo also)
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese (as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Fry bacon until crisp and then crumble.
- Sauté onions in a bit of the bacon grease until softened.
- In a small bowl mix crumbled bacon, Miracle Whip and onions. Sometimes I go ahead and mix in cheese.
- Fill each cap with mixture, then if you didn't mix in your cheese already, sprinkle the tops with cheese.
- Bake at 300°F until cheese is melted and warmed through.