Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very popular at my house. I had my niece over who loves mushrooms and just couldn't get over how good they were. In fact, she ate most of them.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (may use mayo also)
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese (as desired)
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Fry bacon until crisp and then crumble.
- Sauté onions in a bit of the bacon grease until softened.
- In a small bowl mix crumbled bacon, Miracle Whip and onions. Sometimes I go ahead and mix in cheese.
- Fill each cap with mixture, then if you didn't mix in your cheese already, sprinkle the tops with cheese.
- Bake at 300°F until cheese is melted and warmed through.
I personally did not care for these, (I am a Mayonaise fan) but everyone else said they were great. They were very easy to make and made A very nice appetizer, Thanks for the recipe
Oh my goodness..I made these for my daughter's birthday party and they were gone in no time. I did use Hormel Real Bacon pieces (my favorite shortcut) instead of taking the time to fry bacon and just cooked the onions in a little butter. I cooked mine for about 30 minutes and they were wonderful. I will definately serve these again.