Recipe by Galley Wench
This is the best Shrimp Remoulade you'll ever taste. Recipe comes from a small cajun restaurant in Phoenix. Cooking time includes chilling.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was a hard recipe to rate as I've never had shrimp remoulade before. The flavors blended well together but it just lacked some kind of seasoning. The only thing we could taste was the horseradish. I'll increase the creole mustard next time and the lemon juice and see if that helps for our preference. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon creole mustard (adjust to taste)
- 36 -40 shrimp, fresh cleaned boiled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp together and refrigerate.
- Cook cleaned shrimp and chill.
- Just before serving add shrimp to dressing and mix.
- Place shredded lettuce on chilled plates.
- Divide shrimp mixture between plates.
- Serve with crusty french bread.
- ALso wonderful added to a full salad.
- Note:Creole Mustard such as Zatarain's brand can be found in well stocked supermarkets and gourmet food stores.