Baby Kay's Dirty Rice
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. It is a recipe from a local restaurant called Baby Kays.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄4 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long grain rice (Mahatma brand)
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and ground beef over medium heat.
- Add cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add onion, celery, and green pepper and cook until tender.
- About 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Being from LA myself, I was skeptical when this recipe did not call for adding the seasonings to the meat as it browns. I love trying new recipes, so I was like, "Let's see what happens". Unfortunately for me, I made the mistake of tasting it once it was done, and I'm still "tasting"! What a wonderful recipe!Super easy to make, and an instant success. Thank you from my household to yours!Reply
see 5 more