Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like a thick white chili with a bit of "afterburn", then try this. I started out with a few other recipes, and have tweaked this to our family's taste. I submitted this recipe for a chili cookoff at work and came in 3rd place! (the other 2 winners were traditional red chili with beef).
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Tyson Fajita Chicken Strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Mccormick white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (I use Caldo de Pollo-mexican chicken bouillon)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or to desired likeness)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansnorthern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup light cream (I use 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel Mexican-style tomatoes (or regular kind if you can find mexican style)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 8 ounces white cheese dip (I use Gordo's brand (in the refrigerator section by the other cheese at Publix. It comes in a 16 oz )
- lime juice (optional, but a fresh squeezed lime is really good!)
- In a stock pot, add diced onion and olive oil. Saute until clear.
- Add seasoning packet and all other "dry" ingredients.
- Continue to saute dry ingredients for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Whisk in the water and lime juice (if using)and heat to boiling.
- Add Chicken, beans, rotel, diced chili's, cheese dip, 1/2 and 1/2 and the sour cream.
- Stir thoroughly and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for ~30 minutes and enjoy
- It's even better the next day.
This recipe is awesome. I made it for a chili cook off this past fall, Won 1st place, good for 151.00. Every where I take it someone wants the recipe.
This recipe is awesome! I took first place in our annual chili contest. Thanks for posting.
This recipe is so delicious!! We are snowed in today and it made the perfect comfort food. The taste is so flavorful and it takes less than an hour to make.