Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken breasts, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Nice easy soup - great on a cold evening. I almost always have cooked chicken thighs in my refrigerator so that is what I used in place of chicken breast. Only used two cans of white beans since that was all I had. This is one of those great go-to recipes as I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting this msm - will definitely make this one again.
I was a little skeptical considering there were only 5 reviews for this white chicken chili recipe but the ingredients are what caught my eye. Best white chicken chili I have ever made!! I love flavorful dishes and this dish has a world of flavor in it! The only three small changes I made to it was use a Tbsp of Olive Oil instead of vegetable oil, low sodium chicken broth and I buy one pre-cooked whole chicken at the market (Stater Bros; Rosemary Garlic seasoned). Other than those small changes, its *Perfectly Deliicious*!