Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This reminds me of something I had while visiting my Aunt in Hawaii. I will be making this soon! Recipe is from Raley's Something Extra.
- 18 ciabatta rolls or 18 slices baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 avocado, ripe but firm (peeled pitted, and diced)
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F; place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes to lightly toast.
- In a large bowl, lightly stir together remaining oil with all remaining ingredients, being careful to not mash avocado.
- Serve with toasted bread slices.
If I ever have to make bruschetta for a get together, this is the one I'll bring. You wouldn't have to wait for summer to enjoy this recipe.