photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- Tomatoes Mixture: Dice cherry tomatoes and red onions and add them to a small mixing bowl. Add parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and oregano. Set aside.
- Spray olive oil on pan and cook scallops for about 4 minutes each side until both sides are browned.
- Toast breads and rub halved garlic on one side of each toasted bread, then discard garlic.
- Brush olive oil on bread (same side as the rubbed garlic) and add 'tomatoes mixture' on top (evenly on both breads).
- Place 2 grilled/cooked scallops on top each Bruschetta.
- Garnish with capers.
- Enjoy for lunch, entree or snack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great summer dinner. Absolutely fabulous. I subbed basil for oregeno because I had some fresh in the garden, large garden tomatoes instead of cherry. I have to admit this is the kind of recipe I don't measure so it probably had extra garlic and basil. Used large sea scallops for a truly splendid dinner. Quick, easy, but elegant.
Chosen for Hidden Gems Tag This is a great recipe for guests or for Sunday at home to make you feel special. First it is so easy to put together and it tastes like a 5 star restaurant served it up. I am in my seafood stage for Zaar and this was made wit several other recipes for PAC. I had all inrediants on hand (even capers). I quadrupled the recipe as we had guests over and it still took me less than 30 minutes to do all of them. Served on top of crusty italian bread sliced 3//4 in. thick and toasted in my toaster oven. Made 1/2 with capers and 1/2 without. The flavors are tremendous! Thank you for a great do again recipe. This is in my seafood cookbook.
Had beautiful fresh scallops from our local fish market, (Wegmans) and used these beauties to make this delicious and beyond extra special treat. This was so easy, it probably took less then the alloted 14 min cook time. I used my little "Magic Bullet so make the "chopped" tomato mixture part quickly, adding the parmesan cheese at the last minute just stirring that in with a fork. Scallops just skipped right into the pan and sizzled right up in no time flat. Had good caramelization too! The nice bread toasted was perfect with the garlic and then topped off the supremo scallops, tomato mixture and capers. Couldn't think of anything to change, this is a perfect recipe. Thanks Chef floWer! Loved it!