Recipe by ForceUser
I found this recipe listed in my local newspaper. I never liked anything pumpkin before this. The green apple really makes the soup flavorful.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
I have to admit, this just did not do for me. My DW and DD both like it more than I did! I made it just as directed. I think it needs more pumpkin and maybe include some apple when doing the vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 green apple, peeled cored,and chopped
- fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the stock and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and add the remaining three cups of stock, wine, sage, salt, thyme, and pumpkin.
- Simmer until flavors are blended, about10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with a few apple pieces and sprinkle with parmesan.