Recipe by Melandsid
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's show. This is so easy and yummy. Perfect for a dinner party but simple enough for everyday too. Serving size is approximate because this is easily adjustable for more or less roll-ups. Also - phyllo dough keeps in the fridge/freezer for a long time so you can use one package of the dough many many times.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, with ends broken off
- phyllo dough
- melted butter (for brushing)
- parmesan cheese (for sprinkling on top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut phyllo dough sheets into thirds (you need one cut sheet per asparagus spear).
- Lie the dough flat and brush melted better on it.
- Place one asparagus spear at one end leaving the ends of the asparagus exposed and roll it up.
- Place 'asparagus roll-up' on a cookie sheet (I line the sheet w/foil for easy clean-up).
- Repeat w/remaining asparagus.
- Brush roll-ups w/melted butter.
- Sprinkle the roll-ups w/parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 10 minutes.