Recipe by Karen
I found this in Cooking Light and it's a recipe from Lance Armstrongs' trainer. I love the fact that, although it's creamy, there is no cream in the recipe!
- 2 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups red potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
- 3⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 3 cups asparagus, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- asparagus tips (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Blend entire pot with hand blender or in batches in a stand blender.
- Either way, process until smooth and return to orginal pot.
- Stir in soy milk, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, but do not boil.
- Garnish with tips.
- Without cream in this recipe, it is easily freezable.
- First cool to room temperature and then put in freezer safe containers.