Recipe by Lainey6605
Another great way to fix asparagus; this time as part of the main dish. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Deantini
This is a great and creamy Fettuccine dish. I made as listed and added 1 1/2 strip of crispy bacon cut in small pieces to the dish. The picure is of a double portion (4 servings). Liked by both kids and adults. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture.