Ham and Asparagus Fettuccine
This is one I can't wait make every spring when asparagus becomes available.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, diced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al denté.
- Stir asparagus into pot in the last five minutes of cooking; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When mixture begins to bubble, stir in Parmesan, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne.
- Continue cooking until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ham and heat through.
- Toss pasta and asparagus with sauce and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more