Recipe by deepfreeze
I found this recipe on the Manitoba Turkey Producers website and have modified it slightly. I tried it last night & my fiance and I both loved it. A nice balance of sweet & spicy flavors
Top Review by mama smurf
I picked this recipe since it was a different way to fix stroganoff...different but good. With the hoisin sauce it gives it a little sweet taste which we found interesting. DH, of course, added more chili-garlic sauce to his but this is one we will probably make again because it is quick, easy and good. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in to 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup turkey broth or 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat oil. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add turkey and cook for 4 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add 3/4 cup of broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring to combine. Cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch. Add to turkey mixture, stirring 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Servce over rice or egg noodles.