Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
For a great tasting beef dish from Asia, fire meat is delicious and easy to prepare. It originates from China, offering a refreshing change from standard fare recipes. Time listed does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 lb beef round steak, sliced paper thin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and red onion.
- Stir in the black pepper, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, leeks and carrot.
- Mix in the meat by hand to ensure even coating.
- Cover, and let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Brush the bottom half of a wok with cooking oil, and heat over med-high heat.
- Put in all of the meat and marinade at once, and cook stirring constantly. The meat will be cooked after just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve with rice or noodles.
- For Korean style fire meat, roll the meat mixture up in a leaf of red lettuce.