Crock-Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo (for less heat use less chile)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 hard taco shells
Serve with the usual taco toppings
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In crock-pot, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings.
- This recipe can be made in the oven too, just preheat oven to 350 degrees. and use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid; add 2 cups water. Cover; bake until chicken is fork-tender, about 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband and I tried this recipe out and we were saddened by the results. The chicken didn't have much flavor at all, and was dry. I even added a bit of chicken stock because I was worried it might be dried out since there wasn't much liquid in there. The main probably was that you couldn't taste any of the spices from the hot sauce or from the chipotles. Not sure what went wrong. Hopefully someone else has better luck. :)