Orange Gelatin Pretzel Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons of sugar;stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe for a potluck. I love the pretzel crust with the cream cheese, fruit, and jello. I actually mixed it up a little and used strawberry jello because I didn't have orange and it still tasted delicious. I found this recipe in Taste of Home August/September 2007. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe!