Recipe by dicentra
Food & Wine.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I was searching for a very *simple* arugula salad to accompany
tomato soup for dinner and found this recipe. The mistake I made
was making and consequently adding too much dressing to the salad.
Both arugula and mint are strongly flavored and for this particular salad would
require a [light] drizzle of dressing. My fault! Delicious considering the goof. Fresh mint from the garden and a small pinch of fennel pollen replaced fennel seed. Thank you!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups curly green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups young arugula leaves
- 20 mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar or spice grinder, coarsely grind the fennel seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the ground fennel with the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the olive oil, whisking until the dressing is emulsified. In a bowl, toss the lettuce with the arugula and mint.
- Add the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.