Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy salad that your children will enjoy making with you.
Make and share this Arugula and Almond Salad With Dried Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Begin by making the vinaigrette. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Now prepare the salad. In a large bowl, toss the arugula, sliced red onion, toasted almonds and cranberries. Dress with balsamic vinaigrette just before serving and toss gently to coat everything. Divide amongst plates and serve immediately.
Good salad that's quick and easy to fix. The dressing was very tangy with a strong balsamic flavor. I used the amount called for and would hold back a bit next time, it overpowered the arugula a bit. Love the combination of peppery arugula with crunchy almonds, sweet cranberries, anmd purple onion. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a lovely salad! A little bitter, a little sweet, a little crunchy, a little tart. Exactly as I like it! Thanks for posting the recipe.