Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Greek summer dish with a refershing tang! Found on Susie's Place
- 12 fresh artichoke hearts (can do 2 pound can)
- 1 lb peas (can do frozen or fresh)
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 dill weed, small bunch, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- egg, Lemon sauce
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan. Fry the onions until translucent. Add the potatoes, peas and dill weed with enough water to cover. If you are using fresh artichokes, add them now. Salt and pepper the ingredients and add your bouillon cube. Boil for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes just start to get tender. If using canned artichokes, add them now and simmer for about another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To make the sauce:.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour in the lemon juice, beating continuously. Pour in a cup of stock from the artichokes a little at a time. This must be done to keep the eggs from curdling. Pour into the artichokes and stir gently.