Recipe by lets.eat
If you adore artichokes, you should adore this CHEESY appetizer. This takes your next gathering to the sophisticated level. Great for special occasions, if you are having a large get together you will probably want to double this recipe, and keep it warm.
Top Review by spiritussancto
the cups didn't crisp as much as i was hoping but that might be because i drizzled the muffin tins in olive oil instead of coating the wontons with cooking spray, which i will do next time, possibly on both sides. very versatile recipe though, could use a little pepper imo. would be good with spinach to cut the richness i think. i may use this filled with my spinach artichoke dip
the wontons crisp much better when sprayed/brushed lightly with oil on both sides, just be careful not to over grease. this time i went very simple with marinated artichokes, light cream cheese, a little light parmesan, and a bit of feta in a blender. much lighter and less greasy then the mozza and mayo and the marinated type have much more flavor then the canned
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder and garlic powder, mix well. Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the chopped artichokes; set aside.
- Coat one side of each wonton wrapper with non-stick cooking spray; press greased side down into miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350' for 5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. WATCH CAREFULLY to prevent over-browning!.
- Fill each cup with 1 tablespoons artichoke mixture.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.