1/5 Photos of Arroz con Pollo (Baked Chicken and Rice)
1 hr 20 mins
A very flavorful and attractive dish. So easy if you have a large ovenproof skillet. Just transfer the whole thing from stove top to oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut in eighths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 10 ounces frozen green peas, cooked and drained
- pimientos or roasted red pepper (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2In large oven proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3Add chicken, brown on all sides, turning as needed for about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken.
- 5Add onion, green pepper, tomatoes, garlic and rice.
- 6Saute 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- 7Stir in broth, bay leaf, oregano, cayenne pepper and saffron.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9If skillet isn't oven proof or large enough, transfer to a 13 X 9 X 2 baking dish.
- 10Arrange chicken on top.
- 11Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- 12Bake in 375 oven for 25 minutes or until chicken and rice are both tender.
- 13Add peas, and pimento or red peppers (if using) on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz con Pollo (Baked Chicken and Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.9
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1091.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g