Recipe by Caryn
During a visit to my future in-laws house many years ago, a friend of theirs made these delicious apricot bars. Before I flew home, I had the recipe in my hand to take back with me.
Top Review by Scoutie
We LOVED these! I had some fresh apricots to use up, so minced those very finely. Also, I was out of nuts so subbed coconut. Next time I will use both the coconut AND the nuts! Thanks for posting, Caryn.
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the dried apricots into boiling water for 10 minutes; drain.
- Chop cooled apricots; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, granulated sugar, and 1 cup flour.
- Press this mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and brown sugar.
- Fold in 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; mix till combined.
- Stir in vanilla, chopped apricots, and nuts.
- Spread evenly over top of baked layer.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut into squares.