Recipe by CindiJ
My sister Debbie has made this for years. After a long overdue absense from our family dinners, it came back this Easter with a bang! A very light and easy salad that goes with everything. May it grace many family dinners again! Chill time is not included in prep/cook time.
- 3 ounces apricot Jell-O
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned apricots, drained & pureed to equal 8 ounces
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Jell-O, sugar and pineapple in medium saucepan and heat to a good boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese and apricots.
- Mix well but do not beat.
- Chill until the mixture mounds or is almost set (this will take a while).
- Add cool whip and blend, do not beat.