Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a really nice twist on the traditional banana bread.
Top Review by Tinks
Inez, thank you for posting this. My BF and parents love apricots, and I'm always trying to find ways to incorporate them into different dishes. My only substitution was to use pecans instead of walnuts. Hope you do not mind. This was very flavorful...and not too much banana, but a fantastic sweet/sour mix. Just a perfect blend. PS no trouble getting it out of the pan! Jill
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, not the flakes
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, mix well.
- Mix bananas and buttermilk.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda,and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture.
- Stir in bran, apricots, and nuts.
- Pour in greased 9in loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 55-60 minutes, until bread tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.