Apricot, Banana and Buttermilk Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2 large bananas)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a loaf pan (base about 22cm long x 10cm wide) with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and dried apricots.
- Combine buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and mashed banana in a large jug. Whisk until well combined. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Using a metal spoon, gently fold egg mixture into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live.. "
Join The Conversation