Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe from my breadmaker's cookbook. Uses apple juice instead of applesauce.
- 198.44-255.14 g unsweetened apple juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 1 large egg
- 946.36 ml bread flour
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 6.16 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- Place the order your breadmaker requires. Bake on 'Sweet' Setting. This makes a large loaf. Cooking time depends on your breadmaker's settings and includes the mixing and kneading process.
What a great bread! Nice texture and the apple flavor is subtle and great with the cinnamon. I made this in a mixer, let the dough rise for 1 hour, shaped a loaf and let that rise for 1 hour, then baked at 350 for 35 minutes. Wonderful plain, toasted with butter, and made into French toast - thanks for sharing the recipe!