What a delicious Fall soup this is - fantastic for Thanksgiving!!
Make and share this Apple Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml crisco canola oil or 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1360.77 g butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 8 cups)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 lb.)
- 2 apples, peeled and cored and diced
- 946.36 ml chicken or 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp.dried thyme
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, chopped or 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular or 2%)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a stock pot or a large pot. Add onions and garlic and cook gently 2-3 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add squash, sweet potato and apples. Stir to combine. Add next 5 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is very tender.
- Purée soup. Return to low heat for 5 minutes to warm soup. Stir in evaporated milk. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.