Creamy Butternut Squash, Green Apple & Curry Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces soft tofu
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth (from boullion cubes or can)
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into cubes (approx. 5-6 cups)
- 2 green apples, peeled & cubed
- salt & pepper
- In a large soup pot, saute onion in oil until clear.
- Add curry powder & cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, squash & apples. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered until squash & apples are fork-tender.
- In a blender (or food processor)puree tofu and soup in batches
- Return to pot & season w/ salt & pepper.
Join The Conversation
A fantastic recipe! A container of tofu is 14 oz & I didn't feel like measuring/weighing out 8 oz so I just added it all. ;) It was thick & creamy but not overly. I did add extra curry & a good TB of salt & plenty of pepper to make up for adding extra tofu, which blandified the soup a bit. I also used my immersion blender instead of dirtying up the blender or food processor. Worked like a charm. THE PICKY ONE wasn't thrilled but the rest if us were. This would be nice on a holiday table & very easy to multiply. I made this for PAC 9/06. Thanks for posting!