Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My favourite weekend breakfast in autumn when the apples on our tree are ripe. Delicious drizzled with maple syrup.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a 12" skillet (with an oven-proof handle) in the oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, make the batter. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat eggs until frothy. Beat in flour, milk and salt on medium speed for about 1 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven. Put butter in skillet and swirl until all of the butter has melted and coated the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Toss with apple slices to coat.
- Arrange coated apple slices in skillet and pour the batter over. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown.
- Cut into quarters and serve.
I made this recipe for my son's special breakfast on his 5th birthday! It was such a hit! I added 1/2 the sugar, and upped the cinnamon to a full teaspoon (can't go wrong with cinnamon and apples) :)! I also incorporated a sliced pear with the apple! It was delicious, and made enough for 3 adults and two kids!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. We will be using it often! :) **Just an update! I made this without the sugar, but did drizzle in some honey, and it was still wonderful!
Fabulous!! This is a new favorite for us! It's perfect to impress brunch guests and easy enough to satisfy a family on a lazy morning. I added 1/2 cup fresh cranberries to the apple mixture and this added such a pretty color. I also used Splenda instead of sugar and baked in a cast iron skillet. I left the apple peelings on too. Next time I'll sprinkle with chopped pecans. Thanks so much for this top recipe, Moor Driver!
This was very good! Simple, fast, and tasty! Next time I will add a little cinnamon to the mixture and top off with some powdered sugar after it's done; its looks like it was done that way in the picture. We are already planning to make this next time we have guests over for breakfast. Thanks!