Top Review by Miss Annie
A lovely pie! The three spices were perfect with the apples, and the lemon gave it a fresh taste. I made this exactly as directed, and was rewarded with a pie that smelled heavenly and tasted even better. Served warm, it can't be beat! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 6 cups peeled cored sliced apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Spread one-third of the sugar mixture over an unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange apple slices, in an overlapping pattern, on top of the sugar mixture.
- Top with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.