Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is excellent served with a pork roast or pork chops. Sometimes I add a little mustard to it as well. You can prepare this the day before and reheat it.
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 apples, coarsely diced (Granny Smith or similar)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt butter in a skillet, medium high heat.
- Add apples and onions, cook until glossy 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar& salt.
- Reduce heat to very low cover& cook until almost tender, 30 min, stir frequently.
- Stir in the Sherry.
- Continue cooking until the mixture is very soft.
- Transfer to food processor and mix doing on/off.
- Do not over process.
- Serve while hot.
I made this to serve with pork chops and quinoa, it was very good but lacking a little something, I added a bit of Guinness Bullseye and it really brought out the flavour.
Hi This was a hit. I didn't blend it because i don't have a blender. I cut the apples a little smaller instead. At the end I added a little applesauce from the jar. Would make this again.
OMG!! Wonderful flavour. I did misread the receipe & put 4 Tablespoons instead of teaspoons of butter though :) Also I replaced the sherry with sweet vermouth. Have made in advance for a dinner party tonight. Plan to reheat to serve with Slow Roasted pork.