Recipe by Bergy
This is excellent served with a pork roast or pork chops. Sometimes I add a little mustard to it as well. You can prepare this the day before and reheat it.
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 apples, coarsely diced (Granny Smith or similar)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet, medium high heat.
- Add apples and onions, cook until glossy 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar& salt.
- Reduce heat to very low cover& cook until almost tender, 30 min, stir frequently.
- Stir in the Sherry.
- Continue cooking until the mixture is very soft.
- Transfer to food processor and mix doing on/off.
- Do not over process.
- Serve while hot.