Pork Chops in Onion sauce
Pork chops with a great onion sauce.
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 4 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- Season pork chops with salt& pepper; coat with flour.
- heat oil in a heavy saucepan.
- fry pork chops in oil, 3 mins.
- on each side, Add onions, cook for another 5 minutes turning once.
- Pour in wine& beef broth, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with a little bit of cold water, add to broth mixture and cook until thick& bubbly.
- Pour over pork chops and serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this tonight for dinner and was really impressed. The chops were so tender and the sauce was really tasty. I did cook my chops a bit longer because they were on the thick side. The bonus to this is that it went together very quickly but tasted like I was in the kitchen for hours. Thanks for a great recipe.