Recipe by jorgydee
I found this recipe while looking in a cooking for 2 magazine, it sounded delish so I increased the ingredients. Tried it tastes good. It can also be made in a 8 in. spring form pan but I like to make it in a 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
Top Review by miaschloesser
There was a lot of steps missing, Line the pan with parchment paper the crust WILL STICK. Then place filling in and cook untill 15 min. before finish time, PAR cook the apple before topping the cheese cake or it will be rubberery!!!! then top with crumbel and finish cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 -5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 13 inches baking dish.
- In a bowl combine cracker crumbs, oatmeal, pecans and brown sugar.
- Stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed, just until combined.
- Stir in sour cream, cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour over the crust.
- Arrange apple slices in rows over the filling.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When cool refrigerate.