Berry Crisp Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- For the crust, mix the flour, brown sugar, oats and lemon rind together.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. The crumb mixture will be starting to harden.
- In the pan, crush the warm mixture into small chunks using a fork and reserve 1 cup.
- Press the remaining mixture onto the bottom and 1" up the sides of the pan.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar until very smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Pour over the crumb crust.
- Place the fruit on top of the cheese filling and sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on top.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until the centre is just set.
- Remove from the oven and run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen.
- Cook on a wire rack at room temperature, then chill over night.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>