I came up for this while trying to use the ingredients on hand. The apples complement the apple chicken sausage perfectly. The lemon juice, chili powder and chicken bouillon was added to lessen the sweetness caused by the apples so if you prefer spicier or sweeter feel free to change the ratios.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb chicken apple sausage
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon to taste balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chicken flavored bouillon
- 2 apples (chopped to preferred size)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 1Cook the rice according to its directions so it is finished at the same time.
- 2When there is 20 minutes left in the cooking time for the rice remove the casing from the sausage and brown while breaking the sausage up.
- 3When the sausage is near done add the garlic and onion to brown.
- 4Once sausage is done and the garlic is preferred state add the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chili powder, bouillon crystals, apple, tomato and lemon juice.
- 5When the apples haven softened (a sauce should be forming) add the celery (for texture).
- 6When the sauce and celery are to your preference it is ready to serve. Top the rice with the stir-fry.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry on Rice
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.8
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 863.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 16.7 g