These are wonderful for brunch or add a scoop of ice cream and they make a great dessert. This recipe came from Taste Of Home magazine.
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Gently fold in the cheese and apples.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-inch circle.
- Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.