Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
These are easy to make and delicious. I make my own apple butter. (See my Linenbringer-Burch Apple Butter recipe)
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- oil (for deep frying)
- chopped nuts
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- In mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar.
- Combine egg, 1/2 C Apple Butter and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients; mix till smooth.
- Cover, chill 1-2 hrs.
- On lightly floured surface knead 8-10 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep, hot oil (375 degrees) about 1/2 minute on each side or till golden brown.
- Dip warm doughnuts in Apple Butter Glaze and then in nuts.
Easy to make, not a strong apple butter taste, but we loved them anyways. I used cinnamon/sugar mixture to shake them in instead of the glaze. These were gone within 24 hours!