Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick (or baking mix)
- 2 cans fruit (with juice) or 7 cups fruit (with juice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Put margarine or butter in 15 x 9-inch pan.
- Put pan in oven until butter melts.
- Add sugar and mix in pan with butter.
- Add Bisquick in same pan.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour fruit over the Bisquick.
- Do not mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Perfect!! Just the right amount oi sugar, not too sweet and not too tart. I used frozen berry mix with not much juice and it is still so good.
This is a DREAM of a recipe - you mix, bake and serve in ONE dish - how easy is that?!! VERY easy and the bisquick cake type cobbler pie crust at the bottom was LIGHT and fluffy - see my photos of the served dessert! I used 5 cups of fresh fruit from my garden - blackcurrants, raspberries and strawberries - then added a banana and a couple of kiwi fruits chopped up - so about 6 cups of fruit in the end. We enjoyed this served at room temperature with whipped chantilly cream - delicious! Made for the Pie, Tart and Cobbler Photo Forum event in July 2008 - ON my dessert list now for an easy and comforting dish to serve! Thanks! FT:-)
Recipe 3910 was not justs referring to your lovely recipe which sounds very appetizing. Was referring to most of recipes on the net which are very good. The reason I asked the question is because I am diabetic thanks for the reply