Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another midwesterner here whose family loves these little gems. This recipe came from a 'best loosemeat recipe' contest in Iowa and this is the winner. My favorite as well ! The chicken broth gives it a very nice flavor.
- Cook hamburger and onion together until meat is browned.
- Drain grease.
- Put meat onion mix in a good size saucepan.
- Add both cans of chicken broth and a few shakes of pepper to pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to medium low, stirring every 5 minutes until liquid is gone.
- This usually takes 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on soft hamburger buns with yellow mustard and pickle slices.
- Note: You can also add a couple shakes of chicken bouillon powder to the pot while cooking if you like.
We added salt and pepper. This is a simple recipe with yummy results!
We really enjoyed these sandwiches! I added a little salt for extra flavor. I used homeade chicken stock, so that really added to the flavor! Thanks for posting!