"Immoral" Sandwich Filling (Loose Meat)
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- Brown the meat & drain fat.
- Stir in sugar, mustard, beer, cayenne, garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer until liquid has mostly cooked away.
- Lay slices of cheese over top of meat, then cover for about 5 minutes, with heat on very low, until cheese has melted.
- Stir cheese into meat.
- Serve hot, on sandwich buns or bread, or over hot potatoes or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was easy, delicious, and extremely versatile. I can see endless options with this baby.This time I served it on toasted Kaiser buns. Cayenne amount was just right for me, but I added 2 cloves of garlic but will add more next time (personnal preference). I had a medium cheddar, so that's what i used.
This was really a very nice change from plain burgers! I had only 3/4 lb of beef to use up, and I was able to cut the recipe down perfectly. I used brown mustard (all I had) and just a small squirt of ketchup (for my hubby's taste), but everything else was to the letter. I steamed a couple hoagie buns on top of the meat and topped our big sandwiches with American cheese and dill pickles. It was WONDERFUL! Thanks for a great recipe!