- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄8 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄8 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry milk
- 2 tablespoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oatmeal and cornmeal to heat-proof bowl.
- Pour in boiling water, stirring to prevent lumps.
- Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir, pour it into the breadpan, and add the rest of the ingredients in the order given.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf, using the basic setting.